Monday, September 3, 2012

Shooting style

I like lines. If you skim through my images on Flickr you can see that lines are a big part of my shooting style. If you can't identify what little things make up your shooting style. Go back through and look at your pictures. It's there somewhere even if you don't realize it.

I am guilty as I am sure all  of us photographers are at some point, of lusting for another's style. An important factor in becoming better is to recognize your own and improve on it. And mostly enjoy the difference and uniqueness you bring to the table. 





That's not to say you can't break away from your own habits. But knowing your strengths gives you more leverage over your weakness. To slow down, force yourself to see things differently, move your body to a different spot after you have taken the "my style" shot. And add more to your vision. We can't always be in our ideal setting. But we can be ready and willing to adapt.


No comments:

Post a Comment